Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globe Fashion

The Golden Globes have always been my favorite awards show to watch...it's more laid-back than the Oscars, and I like that the show combines both TV and movie stars...also, the champagne flows freely during the ceremony, so it's fun to see what the stars might say! Here are some of the dresses that stood out for me (for both good and bad reasons):

Jennifer Aniston in Valentino: Yawn...she looks super pretty, but come on, pull out some color for an awards show, Jennifer! So tired of the black...
Julia Roberts in YSL: Um, is Julia walking the red carpet or is she heading to Sunday school?

Kate Hudson in Marchesa: The dress is perfection, but the stripper shoes cheapen the look.

Jennifer Garner in Atelier Versace: I'm torn on this...love the dress, but I'm not so sure if it's the best on Jennifer Garner...her figure is so boyish, I'm just wondering if she'd look better in something that gave her more of a waist. Love the hair, though.

Emily Blunt in Dolce & Gabbanna: This is my absolute favorite of the evening. I just think she looks stunning. And I love that she wore her hair down and flowy. So many actresses put it up for awards shows, and I think it looks a little more soft down.

Sandra Bullock in Bottega Veneta: It pains me to say this, because purple is my favorite color, but this dress looks cheap to me. It looks like you'd find it in the prom section at your local mall. I just hate the material.

Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano: I mean, can you get any prettier? Her skin is just so flawless...I love the peach shade on her fair skin...I would've never thought red lipstick would work with this dress, but it looks perfect.

No comments: